New to Piwik. Question about logging unknown sites

I’m relatively new to Piwik. We started on a cloud/subscription based platform and just moved to our own install on a rackspace server. I apologize if this question has been asked before. I’m not quite sure what to search for.

Long story short, we have about 600 websites. I say about because our data is a mess and it’s difficult to discern exactly what domains are currently live. We have sites spanning across two completely different systems, the older of which has been in existence for about 15 years and is the crux of our data problems.

I’ve put the tracking code on every site we have on both servers and am using the domain name as the tracking id (plugin from the marketplace). I’ve imported a 90% accurate client list via the api.

My question is: is it possible to log requests coming from the tracking code to sites that are not currently set up in piwik so that I can identify what sites I actually have live and have missed in my master list? I basically just want to log the request and hopefully there’s a domain in there somewhere.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

For anyone else trying to figure this out, the answer is look in your server error logs. I’m running nginx and I have full output of the Get request. You could make a bash script to parse out the idsite variable from it and make a nice tidy list of domains.

1 Like