Password not working

Been using piwik happily for about 4 years and all of a sudden I can’t login today. Same old login and password is suddenly not right. I’ve tried resetting it as well and put in a new password, click the link sent to my mail and that also doesn’t work and I keep getting told my login and password combo is incorrect.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hi there, could you try upgrade to latest Piwik 3? if you still have the problem, you can manually reset password: How do I change the Super User's password when password recovery emails are not sent? - Analytics Platform - Piwik

Maybe try also in different browser?

Hi Matthieu, thanks for your reply.

I don’t think I can upgrade because I can’t actually get into piwik and where it usually tells me to upgrade.

I had tried the manual reset by going into my PHP and running the reset command before you mentioned that and I tried again but still no luck. I try logging in with admin/changeMe and it still doesn’t work.

I’m getting this error

Error: Form security failed. Please reload the form and check that your cookies are enabled. If you use a proxy server, you must configure Piwik to accept the proxy header that forwards the Host header. Also, check that your Referrer header is sent correctly.

I would have thought when I change the password, click the link in my email and then go into the login screen and put in my newly changed password, that that should work but it just doesn’t after trying 10+ times. It’s very confusing as I didn’t change anything to begin with, just one day after 4 years of it working fine, I logged in and it said the password was incorrect.

Any further help you can suggest, I would love to hear.

Kind regards, Paulette

Update: I have saved all the piwik upgrade files and copied to the same folder. I have copied config.ini.php so hopefully all my old information is kept.

When I go into piwik I’m still unable to login with the same issues. Now I’m at the latest version of piwik I see it says

If you use Piwik 3.0 or newer:

Generate the secure password hash. On a linux server, run the following command:

php -r 'echo password_hash(md5("changeMe"), PASSWORD_DEFAULT) . "\n";'

So I’m stuck here as I don’t know how to run that command on a linux server. Also I’m afraid that this still won’t work anyway :o/

Very Nice tips thank you