PHP package for PIWIK

Hi All

Thank you for answering my previous concern on whether PIWIK can be installed on Solaris 10. Based on the few positive answers I came to know that it could be installed.

But we have a limitation for getting PHP extensions for solaris from our unix team

Could some one let us know if PHP is mandatory or optional for PIWIK and if mandatory, could you please brief on the PHP dependency for PIWIK

Thanks
Ravikanth

Hi,

The documentaition recommends to install the following PHP extentions:
https://piwik.org/docs/requirements/

php7.0 php7.0-curl php7.0-gd php7.0-cli php7.0-mysql php-xml php7.0-mbstring

Thank you Findus for the quick reply. Could you please let us know if the recommended extensions are mandatory for PIWIK functionality , as our application ( from where we would like to gather the analytics using PIWIK ) is on Tomcat - webserver which is hosted on Solaris .And as the extensions being compatible to Linux we would like to know if we can ignore the complete PHP and just go by the PIWIK install hoping that there are no functionality issues.But before doing so we would like to get some inputs …

Please let us know your thoughts.

Regards
Ravi

Hi,

The piwik installer checks if all requirements are fulfilled and lists the necessary modules you are missing.

So I’d recommend you to try to start the installer and see what message it shows.