Piwik 1.5 : Unable to start session

Hello,

I upgrade Piwik to 1.5 and this error appears during navigation in Piwik.

I can see that Piwik now use database to store sessions. In PHP 5.2.x, a bug exists with this functionnality.

Can you propose option to configure manually the save handler ?

Thank.

(i’m french, sorry for my english)

Temporary workaround: iIn core/Session.php, change:

if(in_array($currentSaveHandler, array('user', 'mm', 'files')))

to:

if(in_array($currentSaveHandler, array('user', 'mm')))

I already change before your post :wink:

if(flase && in_array($currentSaveHandler, array('user', 'mm', 'files')))

And it work.

Please use the fix in http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/4941/trunk/core/Session.php

Hi,

Same problem for me. I have made all the modifications on the session.php files but nothing new :
Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

I have no idea about this problem.

I also applied the patch (but without “files” at the end of array) but now getting the error “The requested website id = 1 couldn’t be found”

I apply this patch, but same problem.

Error :

Call Stack

Time Memory Function Location

1 0,0012 73556 {main}( ) …/index.php:0
2 0,0246 818572 Piwik_FrontController->init( ) …/index.php:52
3 0,1973 7106596 Piwik_Session::start( ) …/FrontController.php:267
4 0,2025 7351432 Piwik_ExitWithMessage( ) …/Session.php:82

This patch doesn’t work!

Nothing new ?

I have read the ticket #2491. I have the piwik_session table so I think no problem with the DB update. Nothing in the error logs except the fata error.

Just one message to inform that I finally updated my php 5.2.6 to 5.3.2 to resolve the problem. So if you have this possibility, it’s most simple, no fix at this date works for php < 5.3.

Weird. I’m running 5.2.17 and I didn’t even need a fix.

Hi Anthon,

thx, this helps.

It’s the first time that Piwik Update doesn’t work… annoying.

I’m using PHP Version 5.2.10-pl0-gentoo (hosted service, so PHP upgrade isn’t possible).

Do you use Bitcoin? I would appreciate your help with 0.5 BTC.

Kind regards,
Michael

Well I have a problem (Fatal error) upgrading on a system with php 5.2.9 . According to Eukaryota (above) it does not work either on php 5.2.10

I have another system with php 5.2.11 and it does work ! Seems minimum level is 5.2.11 : to be confirmed

I contacted my web space provider and asked for update to PHP > 5.2.10.

Let’s see whether he’ll do it… normally he’s really sensible :wink:

Edit: nope, he won’t. pfff.

Can anybody try this out before upgrading PHP? It’s been working for me on PHP 5.1.6 but I haven’t been able to test it elsewhere.

Ferment : still unable to access piwik after applying your solution : but I do not have zend error (well that 's what I guess so far) : My error is as reported above : Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

In my case, my vanilla php builds of 5.1.3, 5.1.6, 5.2.0, 5.2.1, 5.2.6, 5.2.10, etc don’t exhibit the problem.

However, upgrading to 5.2.11 (or later 5.2.x) or 5.3.4 (or later 5.3.x) should fix the problem for users who have the trunk patches, yet are still affected.

There is a PHP build bug that depends on the extensions that are enabled at compile-time, which may cause session close + autoload to fail in earlier versions of 5.2.x and 5.3.x. See PHP :: Bug #53141 :: autoload misbehaves if called from closing session

Hi there ,

is there now something to solve the problem? I have 5.217 php and the error Unable to start session.

I can´t update php and the above help with the temporary workaround does not work…
any ideas?
thx

Cyberurmel, please update your ErrorHandler.php (core/ErrorHandler.php) with the new Version from trunk. Then you should see a more descriptive error message and we can tackle the root cause of the problem.

~Peter

Hi Peter,

thx., i load from http://dev.piwik.org/trac/browser/trunk/core/ErrorHandler.php and update it in /core/ but nothing changes if i reload the login site?
Unable to start session.

nothing more…did i do something wrong?

greets
Cyb