Repository Upgrade 2.17-1 to 3.0.1-1 failed with the following

Hi,

after we upgraded today on a Ubuntu 16.04 from 2.17-1 to 3.0.1-1 via Repository i got the following Problems:
(Database Upgrade and console core:update have been done)

1. Loginpage Looks like this:

A fatal error occurred
Please contact the system administrator, or login to Piwik to learn more.

If you are Super User, but cannot login because of this error, you can still troubleshoot further. Follow these steps:

1. open the config/config.ini.php file and look for the salt value under [General].
  2. edit this current URL you are viewing and add the following text (replacing salt_value_from_config by the salt value from the config file):

index.php?i_am_super_user=salt_value_from_config&…

1. When i Login then now i get this:

A fatal error occurred

The following error just broke Piwik (v3.0.1):

.form-description is undefined: failed at .form-description; line: 6096
in
/usr/share/piwik/core/AssetManager/UIAssetMerger/StylesheetUIAssetMerger.php line 48

1. I get stuff like this in the nginx error logfile even after raising the available memory:

2017/01/16 15:10:15 [error] 1762#1762: *175 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 536870920 bytes) in /usr/share/piwik/core/FileIntegrity.php on line 259” while reading response header from upstream, client: x.x.x.x, server: x.x.x, request: “GET /index.php?i_am_super_user=salt_value_from_config&module=CoreUpdater&action= HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:”, host: “x.x.x.net

I hope you can help me fixing this bugs quite fast since we have only one production host left now.

Best regards

Andreas

Delete all piwik files (except your config/config.ini.php) then reupload a clean piwik 3.0.1 and it should work then?

hi.
i have the same problem but a reupload didn’t solve it.

this is what my browser says:
A fatal error occurred

The following error just broke Piwik (v3.0.1):

An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template (“Unable to write in the cache directory (/ext/www/ruw13/stable/htdocs-r/piwik/tmp/templates_c/6b).”) in “@CoreUpdater/layout.twig” at line 16.

in

/ext/www/ruw13/stable/htdocs-r/piwik/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php line 394

Hi

I uploaded resh files from 3.0.1. zip and now the instance is broken totally even when setting 777 for permissions in piwik folder and user www-data to the directories it says it doesnt have enough permissions.

I did rollback on the productive instances in meantime anyway. So i guess its better to wait for 3.0.3 or any higher release with less bugs.

Thanks anyway

Best regards

Andreas

After doing so, only login/logout is still possible. Everything else is gone.

I upgraded from 2.17 to 3.0.1 on a test clone of my prod server…
took 17 hours!!! (i’ll not be doing that on production)
You must run the upgrade from command line, AFTER turning off the piwik cron and putting piwik into maint mode.
Is there a way to install a virgin 3.0.1 on another server and then import 2.17 data ???