RssWidget - simplexml_load_string(): Entity: line 201: parser error : PCDATA invalid Char value 29

Hi,

some warnings apperas, after reloading it works

WARNING: /var/www/vhosts/mvb_piwik/htdocs/piwik/plugins/RssWidget/RssRenderer.php(47): Warning - simplexml_load_string(): Entity: line 201: parser error : PCDATA invalid Char value 29 - Piwik 3.2.1

ARNING: /var/www/vhosts/mvb_piwik/htdocs/piwik/plugins/RssWidget/RssRenderer.php(47): Warning - simplexml_load_string(): ]]></content:encoded> - Piwik 3.2.1

tbc

any idea?

same problem here.
Error without explanation not upgrade no nothing

Hi @MVB_IT and @dyrer ,

plugins/RssWidget/RssRenderer.php indicates that the error occurs in the widget that fetches the piwik rss feed to display news inside of Piwik.

Warning - simplexml_load_string(): means that the piwik website retured something that couldn’t be parsed as a RSS feed.

As multiple people had the same issue at the same time, I guess the Piwik website was offline or had an error for a short time and your Piwik instances tried to update the feed in this moment.

I created a github issue about not throwing an error in this case:

Update:

I misinterpreted the issue. The RSS feed contained two invalid Unicode Characters which broke the RSS feed.

It should be fixed now.