SQL Error: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'archive_numeric_2014_09' for key 'PRIMARY'

I wanted to check the metrics from September 2014 to today but instead of results I got the error message:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘archive_numeric_2014_09’ for key ‘PRIMARY’

After I refreshed the dashboard it worked.

@phip1611 are you able to reproduce this issue or it happened only once? It looks like a temporary issue while creating records in piwik_sequence table (race condition). IMO it should not happen again unless you try to select reports for other date ranges (e.g. August 2014), there are no archives for this month and there’s a MySQL hiccup.

That has happened to me on several occasions, the most recent being Monday, 1 Feb. My site has very low visit counts – on the order of 30 or so per day. I’m still using Piwik version 2.14.3

Always, the error goes away when the dashboard is reefreshed.

FYI: Here is the bug report Ensure that the archive algorithm cannot be triggered multiple times for a same site/period/segment · Issue #8444 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub