Complain I got about is speed from interface for end users on my current InnoDB 34 GB, 3 years of logs setup (we keep everything) :
- Date range, using current year (so, not completed).
Ex: Current year => Actions => Pages => Transition on the first link
Piwik Apache with 4 CPU is at 10% CPU usage and MySQL at 50% while processing.
Single day transition = 3 sec. (from 13k pageviews)
Month of September transition = 44 sec.(from 700k pageviews)
Year 2015 so far = nothing yet after 45 minutes (4.8 million pageviews, Apache server (4 CPU, 8 GB ) is at 20% CPU and MySQL 2 CPU 6 GB used on 8 GB available)
We got 2 segments (real-time, not under cron pre-crunching) where we include or exclude our own traffic.
External, make this kind of URL:
And the Internal traffic only produce this kind of URL:
Even just for a single day, this kind of segments takes ages.
I made a quick test for 1 full month :
August => No segment => Actions: Pages = 5 sec.
August => internal (visitIp>%3D184.108.40.206%3BvisitIp<%3D220.127.116.11) => Actions: Pages = Got 2 Chrome timout but results after 1 min 15 sec.
July => internal => Actions: Pages = 1 min. 6 sec. no Chrome timout this time.