Version 2.13.1 & RDS Aurora DB Instances Crashing?

Hi there,

Have had Piwik running on AWS Aurora RDS instances for a month or two now. After updating to 2.13.1 last week, it seemed to last a couple days but then continuously crashed and caused errors.

Unfortunately, I haven’t obtained any useful db logs that would point to an issue and am awaiting Amazon investigating the issue, so I’m not sure if it is Aurora specific or something in the new version 2.13.1 or my install slash database…

When loading my Piwik URL, it will attempt to load before timing out and erroring in all the various widgets. Errors that get thrown are:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query

free/libre analytics platform
An error occurred
Impossible to access an attribute (“idVisit”) on a string variable (“error”) in “@Live/getLastVisitsStart.twig” at line 6

free/libre analytics platform
An error occurred
Zend_Session is currently marked as read-only.

At this point the Aurora RDS instance restarts and the usual MySQL[2003] can’t connect errors appear in piwik, until it finishes coming up again and the whole cycle repeats again & again…

AWS confirmed this to be an Aurora issue. Patched on their end and the crashing ceased.

ninjada,

I am attempting to do the same implementation. but, I am unable to connect PIWIK to my RDS database. do you have step-by-step instruction on how to connect my PIWIK to a remote AWS RDS MySQL?

Any one can chart the steps to install matomo in aws ec2 and use RDS