ViewDataTable ID 'table' is already in use!

I’ve had the same problem as enigma1964 after deleting the file. My PiWik had updated as part of an auto update. I couldn’t spend too much time looking at the problem as I was possibly not capturing site hits at this point. I have rolled back to the previous version and stopped auto updates for now

Hello,

My system check:

I’m using Installatron for updating my applications

Maybe Installatron does other things to the installation… but I’m just speaking out of ignorance since I’ve never used it before. That being said, notice that in the Required PHP configuration (php.ini) section you have a red X next to always_populate_raw_post_data=-1… this could be the reason why you’re getting the error message you are… If you have access to your php.ini file, then I’d suggest you to change it to what they recommend and see if that fixes your issue; if, however, you’re on a shared server, you might want to talk to your hosting provider to see how they can help you with this kind of requests.

1 Like

Solution to the error ViewDataTable ID ‘table’ is already in use

is to delete this file on your server: plugins/CoreVisualizations/Visualizations/HtmlTable/PivotBy.php

1 Like

Yesterday I have deleted the file PivotBy.php, after deleting I get the error mentioned before.
Today I did exactly the same (100% sure), Piwik is now working without errors.

Nothing else changed.
Strange!

Solved.

Thanks.

Hi. Same problem after updating manually. Removing PivotBy.php worked for me. Thanks.

Same issue as many here, most probably because of a time out durint auto update.
Deleting the faulty script does the job.
Thanks to dolfint for the detailed account of the issue, and its fix.

Having same issue. Deleted PivotBy.php and got the same “oops…” error as enigma1964. Replaced it and it goes back to throwing the “ViewDataTable ID ‘table’ is already in use error”. On PHP 5.5, running release 2.16.1, https. Haven’t done any updating that I’m aware of, haven’t had the issue until very recently - the past 3-4 days or so. PivotBy.php is still there.

Where else can I check? Everyone always says they didn’t change anything, but I don’t know of anything I could have changed recently since I haven’t been in it myself for about a week. My boss asked me what was going on with it, which is always a fun time.

Did you auto update? If you did, probably some files did not update properly… I haven’t experienced this issue before, not even after updating from the RC, so I can only suggest a possible solution.

If you auto updated the software, try downloading the files and updating them manually, then delete the PivotBy.php file.

HTH

Same issue here, manual update to 2.6.1, deleting the suggested file worked.

Hi,

I am also facing this problem. I am using the latest version 2.16.1
PHP version is 5.6.21

After deleting this file, plugins/CoreVisualizations/Visualizations/HtmlTable/PivotBy.php I got the error that enigma1964 mentioned.

Uploading the files manually didn’t solve the problem.

I have no access to the php.ini file. This setup was installed via DirectAdmin - Installatron.

Does anybody have any ideas what to do next?

Regards, Peter

Problem solved. I renamed the file to __PivotBy.php
That didn’t work.
So, myu provider renamed the file to PivotBy.phpz and that did the job.
Strange, but is works.

Thanks all.

I had the same problem and your proposed solution worked perfectly.

Thank you