Website Mapping

Hi all,

I have installed piwik on one of the instance and it’s working find for website hosted on that instance.
Can i monitor a website that is hosted on another instance?
if so, what changes i have to do to make it work?

Hi there,
Sure, well almost nothing, just add your website, grab the code Piwik is giving you and then paste it within the new website.
Check in real time if the traffic is coming.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

I will try this and post here in case of any queries.

It should be fine, I am doing this for 5 different websites and no issues so far. If that works do not forget to mark the post as solved.

Hi,

One ques here, we can do this for protected URl’s also? like facebook? or it’s just for non-protected apps?
As i have recently tried to track count for login on one of my apps and therefore i added piwik code in login page of that app. when i am accessing that app, it’s showing me Get and Post request in access logs but the dashboard is not generated. :frowning:

Yes it is working too, but as I am not a 100% app practionner, I cannot really tell you what is wrong.

Hi,

What do you mean by protected URL? You can use piwik everywhere, where you can include custom JavaScript. So a password protected page would work. A Facebook post on the other hand wouldn’t.

1 Like

Hi,

I have another problem with the same.

I have added multiple websites in piwik, the java tracking code of different website would be different! right? bcz i am getting code for all websites.

Hi,

the code is slightly different, the destination of the data is the same, but the idsite parameter is different.

1 Like