Reset password, error logging in. "You've been blocked, because we had too many failed login attempts from You"

I was logged into Piwik as an admin and logged out. When I tried logging back in, I received the error message, “You’ve been blocked, because we had too many failed login attempts from You”. I tried logging in again, same error. I clicked on Lost Password and reset my password. I clicked on the link that was sent to my email and tried logging in with the new credentials, and it gave me a different error message, “you don’t have access to this place!”.

Tried logging in again, got another error message: “Error: Form security failed. Please reload the form and check that your cookies are enabled. If you use a proxy server, you must configure Piwik to accept the proxy header that forwards the Host header. Also, check that your Referrer header is sent correctly.”

How can I fix this so that I can log back in?

Hi,
You can alway reset the Super User password as described in this article: How do I change the Super User's password when password recovery emails are not sent? - Analytics Platform - Matomo
Cheers

1 Like

Great. Thanks for your help!