Customising Unique Page Views

Hi All,

We collect custom information on our logged in users (our implementation is like an intranet) including their username and ID. This is currently stored as Custom Variables, but i have also set up the Custom Dimensions for these as well (yes it is duplicating information storage, but i needed to test these features).

Basically, on the Page widget (or even a custom report) we want to show the standard page view options - PAGEVIEWS, UNIQUE PAGEVIEWS, BOUNCE RATE, AVG. TIME ON PAGE, EXIT RATE, and AVG. GENERATION TIME - but we want get down a bit further and show the “Unique Users” - this is because the logged in users could be using multiple devices with different IP’s and thus show up as multiple UNIQUE PAGEVIEWS when it was in fact only one user.

We have all the data to do this - just can’t figure out the best way of doing this (save for exporting all of the data and manually work with it).

Use javascript to set the userid and track the page view. Something like:

_paq.push([‘setUserId’, ]);
_paq.push([‘trackPageView’]);

Thanks Valdhor, we actually already do this;

_paq.push(['setUserId', self.userInfo.title]);
_paq.push(['setCustomVariable',1,'samAccount', self.userInfo.account]);
_paq.push(['setCustomVariable',2,'spUserID', self.userInfo.id]);

_paq.push(['setCustomDimension', 1, self.userInfo.account]);
_paq.push(['setCustomDimension', 2, self.userInfo.id]);

_paq.push(['setSiteId', self.siteConfiguration.piwikSiteNumber]);

_paq.push(['enableLinkTracking']);
_paq.push(['trackPageView']);

Sorry, didn’t read your original post carefully enough. You want to add a metric to a display? I have been looking into this myself. It looks like I need to write a plug-in to do it.

Did you happen to get anything working for this?

Still really wanting to create a view to see just the below;

Page URL - Page Views - Unique Page Views - Unique Users - Average Time on Page

The special piece of information being the Unique Users count - so we can ignore users logging in from multiple devices.