Piwik displaying data a "Day Ahead" than the 'Real hit'

Hi there;

We are using Piwik to capture analytic for a product we built in house.

We have two servers - one as Test instance - where PHP, MySQL, and PHP is hosted, and data is getting captured neatly with precision - real time.

However there is another instance (Pre-Prod) where we have reverse proxy implemented due to Certificate non-availability. Issue starts here:

Though both the configurations are exactly similar with the difference of reverse proxy so that we map IP to a domain.

In Pre-Prod instance - the data we see on Piwik dashboard is not correct; example:

If I make a hit on say June 30th; data will be shown in reports on UI under July 01st. However this works absolutely fine on Test instance.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Hi there,

If I make a hit on say June 30th; data will be shown in reports on UI
under July 01st. However this works absolutely fine on Test instance.

Check the Settings > Websites > Timezone is set correctly for your websites.

Hi Matthieu; the timezone and every other entry is absolutely correct! We have verified it numerous time. However this is what we found yesterday:

We found the archive_blob table under column ts_archived had a date which was a day ahead than the items tracked for. This was when we had piwik set to Auto archive.

We selected ‘No’ for auto-archiving, and ran a cron job to put data in Archive table. Then we found the correct dates are getting into the same column.

We don’t know the reason yet for this. Any suggestions?

Hi Amit

It’s very interesting, and is something we must follow up! I would like you to create bug report with your information on: Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub and we will surely investigate and solve this issue eventually :+1: thanks.

Sure, will do the same! In the mean while we are also evaluating Enterprise version of Piwik and associated Professional Services.

I am in touch with Katarzyna from Piwik; will revert if I need more information.