After update to 1.6 tracking stopped working

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I likely found the cause of this bug. I had also the same problem with piwik not tracking pages, however I kept it running on my site. Today I was suprised to see that Piwik started tracking pages again, more specifically, it started working after Daylight saving time went in effect. So there should be a bug somewhere with storing/accessing time info.

You were using 1.7.2 and some tracking was not working before DST change?

Yes I kept piwik up to date, in the hope it would be fixed someday. Before it was still tracking the pages (I could see the tables fill up) but the piwik interface didn’t display anything of data. After DST went in effect, visits showed up again in the interface.

A similar bug was fixed in SVN,

Can you please try to use 1.8 RC 5 and report if it is working well ?
released in 1.8 RC5 301 Moved Permanently

Same problem, as I wrote on this post:

http://forum.piwik.org/read.php?2,92836

But, differently from other, I don’t run any update!
I have 1.6 version installed from beginning.

Simply, from 23 August (local hour at Rome 12:01, 33 seconds) it stop to tracking any visit!

I have piwik installed from november 2011, and it always works fine, and (of course) I don’t change anything lately…

Can anybody help me, please?

SOLVED !

I check with ftp and I notice that file path/to/piwik/error_log was simply HUGE.

So, I try to delete this file and my stats restart to work instantly.

I hope this can help other users having the same problem!

Anyway, my error_log is full of this:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: tracker_always_new_visitor in /path/to/my/piwik/core/Tracker/Visit.php on line 976

How can I solve that, to avoid my error_log file become huge again?!

reupload config/global.ini.php it must be corrupted ?

Hi Matt,

reupload the config/global.ini.php but still my error_log is growing